3/31/10

Oats






I used this recipe for delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

1. 1/2c White sugar
2. 1 1/2c AP Flour
3. 2 "Eggs" (I use egg beaters)
4. 1c Packed light brown sugar
5. 3c Quick oats
6. 1c UNSALTED butter
7. 1c Semisweet chocolate chips
8. 2tsp Vanilla extract
9. 1tsp Salt
10. 1/2tsp Baking soda

Tips/changes:
Lay out all the measured ingredients beforehand.
This is super helpful for the skim reader, forgetful and/or ADD.

If your butter has salt in it, this recipe does not need the 1tsp salt.

I did not include the walnuts in this version so I added another 1/2 cup flour.

A few people who reviewed the recipe said that the cookies went flat.
I refrigerated the dough for a few minutes before and between batches.

Also don't over mix the batter this could cause measly, flat blobs of cookies.

I think I'll use dark chocolate chips next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment