3/2/10

Zucchini or courgette


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The sushi place I frequent typically plays the food network on mute while we're eating.

It kind of messes up my appetite because I always end up craving whatever they're making,

even when my favorite roll is sitting in front of me.


The plus is I always leave inspired and with a long mental grocery list.

This mainly zucchini dish is an interpretation of a show I caught recently while devouring some edamame and miso.


My roast veggie experiment:

(serves 4)

3 garlic heads

2 bell peppers

4 zucchini

olive oil

salt and pepper

pasta (tomato) sauce

pasta

balsamic vinegar


First, I roasted the garlic.*


Preheat oven to 450°F

While the garlic is cooling down, wash and slice the peppers and zucchini.

Arrange the veggies in an oven safe dish, add olive oil, salt, pepper and any other spices you prefer.

Toss together so everything is evenly coated in oil.

note: I used too much oil this go around, I was afraid my veggies would dry up!

You just need enough to coat the veggies.


Now squeeze all the mushy garlic cloves out of their skins.

Smash the garlic with the back of a spoon and spread over your veggies.

Place in the oven and set a timer for 10 minutes.

Bake until your veggies start to brown.


In a medium saucepan, simmer about half a jar of pasta sauce.

Throw some roast garlic in to make it seem less store bought ;D


Make however much pasta you think you'll need (any type will do!)


Once the veggies are nice and roasted, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve with the pasta and sauce.


This is the type of recipe that can be altered into the oblivion.

I really, really, really loved the fresh roasted garlic.

The garlic turned out really chewy, crispy and yum.


I try to stick to a meat free diet (minus fishies)

I don't like the term used for this diet, but I know what it is called.

(The word in itself just annoys me, cause I'm a weirdo)


My lovely and endearing boyfriend, was frantically looking for the chicken in this dish.

Bless his heart, he cannot for the life of him consider a vegetable "the main event" of anything.


My sister and her beau liked it, but they could've been faking.


So for all you meat lovers throw in some chicken or red meat if your tummy is so inclined.



*I used this recipe for the roasted garlic.


I looked up a lot of roast zucchini recipes, here is one.


I hate cutting peppers so I found a youtube video to help me out.


Which led me to this gem.


Now I really want to experiment with this recipe.

1 comment: